Friday 28 June 2019

Commerical Street Cafe at 20th & Commercial

I've used this cafe a few times. It's a nice spot, a local cafe of the type that I would love to see more of in Vancouver. Furniture and decor are a mix of this and that, doing their jobs in a slightly worn, comfortable kind of way.

The layout of the store is a little unusual - I think it was probably two stores at one time. You move between 2 seating areas by cutting through the serving area. The room with the main service counter is dominated by a large fridge and kitchen prep area so the adjacent seating isn't the best choice. Of course there is other quieter seating available, including some outside tables on a fairly quiet street corner.

For the visit that I have rated below:

Staff were welcoming and efficient.

My large Americano was pretty good. I needed a bit more room for milk so the first few sips had quite a kick, but once I topped up the milk I had a tasty, nicely-flavoured drink. My partner in crime had good things to say about her drink too.

Between us we ordered a lemon tartlet, a sandwich, and a tofu rice bowl. The tartlet was so so. Its pastry was fine but the filling lacked a nice lemony zing. The sandwich was much better - generously filled and tasty, only marred by the bread being slightly dry. The tofu dish was really nice: first class.


Coffee rating👍
Sandwich rating
(includes tofu dish)
👍👍
Baked goods rating👎
Service👍
Cleanliness👍
Seats available👍👍
DΓ©cor👍
Ambience👍👍
Overall👍

June. Thursday. Lunch time.

No comments:

Post a Comment